Sunday, June 22, 2008

Isang Linggo (1 week)

I’ve completed one week of immersion study. I am getting more comfortable with the immersion process and also adjusting to life here. I think that riding on the back seat of a motorcycle/tricycle as we navigate thorough between Jeepenys, busses, people, and other tricycles is fun. I look forward to filming a segment and posting it later. There’s a big storm here now. It’s Sunday and one of the first free days we’ve had )to study). This trip is affording me the opportunity to rewrite and improve so many of my habits around school and study. I making the most of this opportunity by really letting myself fully pursue my goal of increased fluency. My host family is amazing. Papajack is the father and does most of the cooking. It’s so good. We joke about him doing a cookbook and take picture of the food. If there’s energy, I’d like to collect some recipes and learn to cook some dishes.

What else? Oh, another interview with the newstation GMA 7 next week. Ricky is bringing the host- Miriam Quiambao, (Former Miss Philippines 1999) here to where I am for the interview. She has a show on GMA 7 and we should be able to explain more of the social and environmental possibilities of our project. Babalik ako sa nagaaral ngayon. Back to studying now for me.

Jason

No comments: