Monday, July 14, 2008

Mayon Volcano and the Bus

Yesterday we arrived in Poulanghi, Bikol at 5:30AM. We went to sleep for an hour and then got up for breakfast. I took my first trip to church and sitting in the front row I fought falling asleep while the sermon continued. It was all about choosing God on a daily basis as the key to salvation. The only key. The same justification used for the initial colonization of ungodly people across the globe, now continues to be used to the day. More about this later. I understood the sermon because it was in English. There were bats in the church. I was the only one in my row that didn't go up for communion. One of our advisors asked me my religion and I told him I was Halo Halo, he asked if I was the comedian of the group. The conversation stopped there and I was relived. I don't want to be converted here.

Afterwards we visited the Mayon volcano and the Bus broke down for 4 hours in NPA territory. I'm glad that we made it out before dark.


Jason

2 comments:

dak said...

Hi Jason. Nice to read more of your experiences. Yesterday I visited the Presidio in Santa Barbara, where the Spanish soldiers "worked with" the Chumash to build the aqueduct, and looked in on that old adobe chapel where they first started indoctrinating the "Godless". Hey I was wondering if you've looked into using flat plate heat exchangers in your diesel conversions. Seems like really cool, simple technology, and maybe they could be fabricated there. there's lots of info on the infopop forum.
Peace,
Dakotah

J said...

I like the idea of flat plate exchangers also, however a simpler concept we are looking into is similar to this hose in hose setup with aluminum fuel line inside a stardard rubber heater hose.

http://fattywagons.com/fwproducts.htm

I'm not worried at all about any mixing of oil and water with the aluminum tubing.

j